Hemlock & Lace
The Long Night - Printable Version

+- Hemlock & Lace (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Library Directory (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Updates & Events (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The Long Night (/showthread.php?tid=766)

The Long Night - Jahi - 06-04-2024

Cat & Mouse

After the tragic outcome of Dunmeath’s battle and the loss of their acquired land, the queen has personally sent out letters to each vampire family.  These letters are an invitation to the ‘farms’ of Anderstel where a game of cat and mouse has been arranged. 

My dearest subjects,  It reads.

Our hearts grow heavy with the loss of Dunmeath, however, we are ever thankful to the maker that our casualties are few.  To help inspire the morale of the people, I invite you all to the ripening farms of Anderstel.  The efforts of the farmers have proven to be quite fruitful this year allowing us to enjoy some… frivolous sport.  We will be gathering in three days.  As always, keep our meeting from the eyes and hears of those pesky mortals so we may enjoy our bounty in peace. 

Lodgings have been accommodated for my esteemed guests.  I hope you will enjoy your time in the houses marked with my banner.

Once you arrive in Anderstel you notice the light dusting of snow as winter begins its march across Klewyth.  Cold, bitter.  A biting wind whips across the empty fields as if howling your arrival.  The sound of rippling flags and nought else catches your attention, luring your gaze towards the log cabins bolstering the queen's banner.  Just like the letter.  You know that is where you’ll be staying and perhaps you knock, perhaps you walk straight inside where a human family awaits you. 

A young man stands before a table, bowing.  A young woman does the same.  Both regard you with a heady glaze in their eyes as if enchanted by magic.  Both are bare of all but a single thread of metal.  Around their necks dangles a chain and each chain has a letter addressed to no one directly.  Curiously you pull it free and read:

A gift to you, esteemed guest.  Drink at your leisure; kill at your discretion.  Release them to the wilds, should you fancy, and hunt them like the prey they are. 

Do you smile?  Do you frown?  Do you turn your attention to the couple who begin kissing with a ferocity that could make a modest man blush?  They curl their fingers in invitation, almost begging you to join them. 

What will you do this night, vampire?

Unlike many of our other events, this one is entirely run by you.  However you want your character to experience this night (whether as the cat or the mouse) is entirely up to you!  All you need to do is simply write.  If you are offering a human for the event, we ask that you post their names below so the vampires can interact with you.  We do ask one thing, however, of everyone that wants to join the event.  If you do thread with someone else, ask about their boundaries with death, gore, and/or sexual content.  Label your threads appropriately.  Consent is hot.