Hemlock & Lace
sunny dreams - Printable Version

+- Hemlock & Lace (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Vufrien (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: The Wilds (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: sunny dreams (/showthread.php?tid=87)

sunny dreams - Rochlan - 06-20-2022

It was unwise to go wandering about the Wilds without being on your guard. It was something he'd been drilled on since he was a small child, in a near different lifetime. He had still been human back then, completely ordinary and able to blend in with the rest of the mortals. It had been at least three years since his change had taken hold of his body, warping him and marking him undeniably in to what he was. There was no blending in now, even amongst most of the werewolves. Sure some of them may have undergone mutations but there were still a great number who had mutated very little thanks to the lycanthropy that claimed their lives.

Large canine ears atop his head made his sense of hearing heightened along with his sense of smell being far stronger than when he was human. It made his time out here far easier, especially when he allowed himself to slip into his wolf skin. His senses were furthered still when shifted. It made him complacent and lazy to the warnings he'd always heard. There was nothing out here that he wouldn't sense and be able to move from first, he just knew it. That cockiness would surely be the downfall of him eventually.

After a night of roaming the woods and playing in the sea spray that crashed against the cliffs in his wolf skin, he shifted and found himself curling up beneath a large tree. The morning sun had been up for a while and warmed him into a sleepy state. Eyes heavy, he curled up on his side, eyes drifting shut as a yawn pulled his mouth open. It did not take long before sleep claimed him and he dozed off.

"Speaking."

RE: sunny dreams - Juliet - 08-10-2022

I watched, patiently, while Ajax thumbed through his ledger.  "The young master has business to attend out of the city, I'm afraid."  The answer I'd anticipated.  Throughout these months of being cared for by Mr August, I began to see a pattern that coincided with the lunar cycles.  When the moon neared its fullness, he always took a trip to some far-away place while leaving all else behind as if he were in some great rush to be away from home.  It wouldn't be until much later that I'd learn the reason why, however, I still bathed in childish innocence and simply offered Ajax a nod and a brief explanation of my plans for the day.

There were many things I had begun to learn beneath the gentle guidance of Mr August.  How to best utilize Pig - the hook sword - in order to protect me from any threat.  I didn't mind the lessons even if they left me feeling weak and exhausted.  One of my favourite things, however, was to sketch. 

Admittedly I wasn't very good at it but Mr August still encouraged me to practice.  Practice creates perfection, Ajax would say when he saw the frustration begin to start.  It was through his suggestion that I take my supplies out into the wilds and see if I couldn't find some peaceful thing to draw.

He was strange, I'd admit, the subject of my latest piece.  I had quietly watched from the shade of the forest line as he played and frolicked before inevitably falling into the throes of sleep.  There was a part of me that said to go back home, to be happy with what I'd drawn thus far but another whisper claimed my thoughts and lured me closer to the sleeping boy.  I crouched down, drawing pad and pencil in hand as I attempted to sketch the more intricate details of his strange ears.