Hemlock & Lace
History in the making - Printable Version

+- Hemlock & Lace (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Vufrien (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Odersten (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: History in the making (/showthread.php?tid=386)

Pages: 1 2

RE: History in the making - Ekosha - 04-16-2023

The papers of many yesterdays ago were filled with new chapters of history. One of which managed to catch the healers eye with near childlike curiosity. Already she was planning her trip – if not tomorrow but soon enough. There was plenty on her plate but what was just one more?  The sneering laugh drew her attention slightly, breaking her focus as the stranger ensured to bridge the gap between them again. Her intentions of jest were reflected with disregard, he didn’t wrap it. Her jaw tightened ever slightly though she managed to maintain her composure.  … You’re here now. “Obviously, I work here.” she mentioned before motioning the need to get a better look at the injury.

Instead, he denied her. A small pout formed her lips as her brows furrowed slightly. Her attention drew back to the now halved mask for a moment, all the more intrigued. It took everything in her to refrain from simply removing it from his face. Instead, she felt the chill of his digits curling just under her chin, her frosted gaze drawn to dark sapphires hooded beneath the mask. I won’t kill you. She merely blinked at him, unmoved and unchanged of her features. So long as you don’t make a scene.

“I won’t be the one making the scene.” she regarded him casually, drawing the gap between them once more. “But I could let you know I take Vervain capsules if I have to ride a carriage.” She shrugged. “I get motion sickness which provokes stomachaches during long trips, a nifty little well-rounded plant.” She clasped her hands behind her once freed of whatever she held initially after drawing the space again. “Perhaps we can strike a deal that doesn’t get either of us killed. I have a slew of things to do before I reopen my clinic, so,” It'd be out of her system eventually.

Jahi

RE: History in the making - Hei - 04-19-2023

“Obviously, I work here.” He would sigh, exasperated. "Obviously." By the piles of paper and other collections of dust, it was anything but clear that anyone had been present for quite some time, let alone working. Though maybe that was the precious history she spoke of that drew her attention to Dunmeath. He knew the area, another place he had become intimately familiar with through the course of his work. Though, he would admit it hadn't been anywhere near as guarded or secure. Then again, he wasn't in the market of infiltrating a capitol then, was he?

Regardless, her next words would bring another smile to his features - those small hints visible at least. This one, however, was devoid of humor. An expression that was thin lipped and teeth. “I won’t be the one making the scene.” Her tone remained even, apparently not swayed by the pull of the enthralling magic, and she would take a few paces back. One he would allow. “But I could let you know I take Vervain capsules if I have to ride a carriage.” Ah, so that's what it was, hm? Though her disposition belied no hint of nerves, something else that made those gems glitter with delight. "In that case, I suppose I have no need of this, eh?" The words were light, airy as they left his lungs on a dejected exhale. He took stock of the few things he had managed to gather on her. He knew she could use the arcane, summoning water to the basin she had held within her hands. From her eccentric response of history, he could at least safely assume that she was at least a bit more active than most care takers.

As he considered, he watched her carefully from below the cover, though his attention upon her was anything but masked. “I get motion sickness which provokes stomachaches during long trips, a nifty little well-rounded plant.” He nodded at the convenience of it all, an unfortunate addition for him in his state. Though fingers were still far too steady and thorough as he strapped the lower half back together with a single hand, the other lingering at his hip. At the chain that lingered there. “Perhaps we can strike a deal that doesn’t get either of us killed." He nearly rolled his eyes, but that would have involved removing them from her. Instead, with but a flourish of his wrist and well practiced ease, he would unleash the chain, the weight at its end churning smoothly within his grasp, creating a soft whistling through the otherwise still air. "I have a slew of things to do before I reopen my clinic, so.”

The mockery of a thoughtful hum would leave him. "You seem to misunderstand," the words were accompanied by the smooth throw of the chain whip, aiming to warp the links around the delicate ploy of her ankles, to bring her to the floor with a rough jerk should he find his mark. The other hand withdrew the curved blade of the kusarigama from its shelter. "What I offered was the deal. I don't negotiate, and now I don't need you."
Jahi

RE: History in the making - Ekosha - 04-19-2023

Ekosha was more interested in the strangers mask – of its make, what it was made of, how she could obtain one to put on display even. Though, she was aware of the potential threat before her. How quickly she could become a potential meal though it wasn’t exactly on her agenda. If you show them fear, they will win. But do not be foolish and boastful either. She felt her jaw tighten ever so slightly at the words spoken to her once upon a time. It was hard – simply because there was a thrilling rush of adrenaline threatening to course through her of this dangerous predicament, she had just happened to walk into. After such a long absence, this was perhaps the most exciting. In that case, I suppose I have no need of this, eh?

She had hoped for her own negotiating – a trade, perhaps though he seemed unwilling with the unsheathing of the chain bound at his hip. Frosted gaze lit with childlike curiosity by the creature though frightening, all the more fascinating. She had little encounter with his kind – more times than not finding no reason to be entangled with them. She would have been lying if she said if she wasn’t a little unnerved, but her fascination seemed to overwhelm the sizzle start of her nerves. You seem to misunderstand. The healer found herself perhaps too distracted when the chains caught her ankles. Ekosha felt her feet disappear from underneath her as she fell backwards. She cursed under her breath hitting her head before landing squarely on her backside. “Ow, that was a little rude.” She grunted uncomfortably. What I offered was the deal. I don’t negotiate, and now I don’t need you.

There were no windows in her office presently which – despite not being a good time to consider, that would have needed to change since the sun still lingered beyond the walls. “Well,” she sighed, “You might if you really think about it. Not to mention it’s still broad daylight out.” one hand clasped behind the back of her head as she hissed under her breath at the throbbing ache. Then of course there was the snare around her ankles. “This is a clinic, mine at that, so what do I have access to on the regular? You need it, don't you?” She held her breath for a moment, catching the glint of the blade as her wintry gaze returned to him;

“Would you prefer it if I were afraid of you?”
Jahi