Hemlock & Lace
Jade and Silver - Printable Version

+- Hemlock & Lace (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Vufrien (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Odersten (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jade and Silver (/showthread.php?tid=401)

Jade and Silver - Solana - 04-15-2023

Solana Arylana Umeris

Time lulled by as if the worries of the yesterdays never happened. That they didn’t matter any more than the foreshadows of tomorrows. Bodies coming and going from wherever their destinations may be like bees busily working without a care of what went on around them. Hooded cloak was pulled tautly over the maiden’s head in the efforts to hide the strange, otherworldly markings which painted her body and whatever visible scarring that marred the bluish-gray lilac undertones of her skin. She kept her head down, doing her best to avoid running into anyone with her eyes trained on the ground but her attention anywhere else. Paranoia claimed Solana’s nerves like a starved constrictor snaring its prey with gripping suffocation, as exhaustion remains evident upon sunken features despite the month-long rest needed. Like the incessant sound of a metronome tick… tick, ticking away was how her mind felt in this constant state of twenty questions and the creeping paranoia hovering over her as if claws were reaching out yet not close enough to grasp.

Eventually, finding herself lost in the middle of Odersten, shoulders slump while cyan gaze quietly lifted to the warm pastels that painted the canvas above her. The sun was only just beginning to set. “Excuse me—” a trembling stammer begins to fall from her lips, as she speaks out towards passer-bys. However, she was met with unsettling glowers, and shifting distance as strangers would go out of their way to avoid her. Painted lower lip curled inward following the rise and fall of her shoulders with defeat. “I was just looking for—” Hurried words stammered from her lips and yet such pleas still managed to fall upon chosen ignored ears.

"oracle"

RE: Jade and Silver - Anteros - 05-22-2023

This night is chilled by ghosts and the woods are full of werewolves

The day was young, drawing him out from the confinements of his house and right back to the place he so often found himself. People passed him on both sides, occasionally getting bumped on the shoulder, but he would brush it off. He stood taller than a lot of people, making it easy to look down on those who scurried past him, one person in particular caught his interest. The hood hid her face, but her skin was familiar (or so the parts he could see). She bumped into a couple people, many of them giving her a weary look until finally she brushed past him as well. 

I was just looking for...

"Who?" He spoke, his gaze looking to meet her own until he was met with a familiar face. "Who were you looking for?" He offered her a soft smile, unaware that maybe it was he she was on the trek for. A single hand reached out to snake around her shoulder, hoping to shield her from the crowd as he guided her to a more open area. 

© Jahi

RE: Jade and Silver - Solana - 05-22-2023

Solana Arylana Umeris

It mattered not their species she had learned in time: judgement passed beyond leering gazes where ears otherwise remained intentionally deaf to her inquiries. There were foreigners that managed to blend in with such ease. Most days she could look by it, ignore it though for once she just simply wanted to be directed towards the blacksmith. A sigh fell from her scarred lips and shoulders drooping as defeat began to etch its way up. Her gait slowed though still in motion. Another shoulder was brushed by. “Oh I—”

Who? Came the familiar voice. Brows furrowed slightly as turned where she was met with gentled golden eyes. Who were you looking for? Flustered, her cheeks reddened beneath her unusual slate colored skin. Without thinking of the potential repercussions, Solana immediately sought to embrace him if allowed. “You.” she relented. “I was looking for you—” She was stumbling on her words. Perhaps it had been too long since last encountered him? Though a fault she would take upon herself, she could have at least had better composure rather than stumbling like a nervous child. “I—I thought you would be at the forge today, my apologies.”

"oracle"