Hemlock & Lace
if there is a god, it's me - Printable Version

+- Hemlock & Lace (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Vufrien (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Odersten (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: if there is a god, it's me (/showthread.php?tid=404)

if there is a god, it's me - Aariak - 04-17-2023

There was uncertainty on just where that big brute had run off to, and without telling him at that! If it wasn’t for those nosey little rats in Sanctuary then the damned may have never known that the wolf and that wife of his had scurried off into the depths of Odersten. A letter so many had received, one some had been all to willing to share with him - surprised that none had arrived within the proclaimed physician’s own mail. Their questions brushed off. He wasn’t in the habit of reading of governmental affairs, perhaps his had been lost, guess they didn’t hold his address, or simply did not wish to bother him in case services were needed outside of battle.

Anything but the admittance of where his dwellings truly lie, beneath the shadowed embrace of Crue Efros. But one thing was certain. This training was taking place within the wolven capitol. So if he were to meet with that oversized mutt again than that is where he needed to go. Not much had been learned over the whereabouts of the man’s mother, the bard’s tongue offering more distraction than the lure of words. Which left the wraith to his previous assumptions, however, that did not mean he would remain a stranger. There were other matters to discuss with that man. All he needed to do was find where exactly he hid.

Something that shouldn’t be too difficult once within the city limits. A passage soon granted by the carriage’s steady roll, the driver’s brief exchange with a city guard drawing his gaze through the partially veiled window. There was no reason for one to be suspicious of him and yet paranoia bid that he take to a far less noticeable form. Cover of his transport slipped away from, replaced by the gentle rhythm of leathered wings to carry a fuzzy creature far above the scrutinizing eyes of those below. Direction teetering, lazy, at least until the vague familiarity of another was captured.

While not the intoxicating perfume of seeping blood he’d grown used to there were other aspects that could be chased. Delicate perch taken upon the eaves, dangling upside down as a crown tilted toward the windows where aromas radiated the strongest. Now how to get in? Dropping to the windowsill diminutive features pressed to glass yet half sights could hardly catch a decent glimpse. Guess there was only one way to do this without taking the risk of harmful repulsion. And while he figured the wolf may not let him enter so freely, the curly haired woman just might.

It had been she to offer it outside of the capitol each time that man’s utterance stole such welcomes away. What reason could she possibly have to start denying him of it now? Lightly the claw of a wing would tap upon the window masking the very presences sought before lyrical phrase slithered toward the minds of any willing to hear it, “Little dancer~” ‘Let me in.’ “I have a surprise for you,” for what better surprise than the gift of himself? Surely she would not deny an 'innocent' little bat of temporary reprieve.