Hemlock & Lace
Spring Fever - Printable Version

+- Hemlock & Lace (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Vufrien (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Odersten (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Wild Willow (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Spring Fever (/showthread.php?tid=430)

Spring Fever - Avarice - 05-19-2023

The morning was long and dreadful in preparation while house maids busily took the time to dress the young maiden before she would take her leave to the wedding. “Miss, are you certain you are well enough to attend? You’re looking quite flushed.”  With arms stretched out on either side of her while fitting her corset, a curlish huff exhaled from paled lips. “Yes.” came her short reply. Laces were tightened from behind as her gown finished. As the last cherry blossom hairpin was tucked within alabaster curls, Avarice took it upon herself to depart her room. 

Steps were stopped as she was intercepted by the raven-colored feline. Bright eyes beaming as he then lazily rolled on to his side in the middle of the corridor. “Oh, hello Osmanthus. Did you enjoy your breakfast this morning?” she queried the feline before kneeling as best she could in the dress. Plush fingers sought to pet the little beast as he purred contently. Just as she began to pull away, small little paws reached for her hand as if to beckon her to continue. Avarice chuffed. “Oh, you silly cat. If I didn’t know any better, I would think you’re trying to keep me from leaving.” She mused. The feline simply stretched, tapping his tail against the floor. She then stood, cherry blossom gaze following the playful movements as the feline intentionally brushed up against her dress. “Arabella said I could visit – and it would feel rude to not visit with such an invitation.” a weary sigh exhaled from her lips, fatigued from the seasonal cold that often came and went. “Well, Osmanthus why don’t we go together, hm?”

• • • • 

“Madam, I implore you, please I could lose my position! I cannot allow the Friesian to enter the estate. But she is welcome to roam the pastures until you are ready to depart.” Avarice was met by a guard halting her entry with Envy’s reigns wrapped in her hand.  Cherry blossom gaze merely blinked at the well-dressed guard, her expression blank and illegible. There was a rather long and awkward pause as she stared at the man as if his words did not register. “So, I cannot provide the company of my horse for Miss Arabella?” Envy grunted, kicking a hoof into the ground as if she was offended herself. Avarice placed a hand against the side of the mares neck to settle her agitation. “I understand. My apologies.” It made sense but already forming mistakes. Ira-Gula was not here to guide her and tell her otherwise as his recently letter stated he had needed to remain at his post. Either that, or he felt obligated to do so and the actual need wasn’t necessary.

Avarice offered the reigns to a stable hand before finally offered entry into the grand estate. The feline hung lazily within her arms after scooping him from beneath the frilled skirt of her dress. “Ah, there are a lot of people here.” she gently tightened her hold of the feline though careful not to agitate him. However, something seemed to catch the felines attention and the plump cat wriggled his way from her grasp, plopping gracelessly on the ground and simply began to strut away. “Please do not wander far, I do not wish to have your owner cross with me—” Brows furrowed, puzzled as curiosity gnawed at her. The cats gait was slowed as if intentional and long fluffy tail twitched impishly as he turned and looked back at her only to continue. “Perhaps we could find somewhere less… congested.” She murmured softly.

Dress uwu
No alcohol for Avvie, she is UNDERAGED and she does not feel her best today but INSISTED on attending uwu 

Jahi

RE: Spring Fever - Mithras - 05-20-2023

Fanciful soirées were all too familiar to the draconian, those attended whenever his attentions were called for and yet so many had proven to be nothing more than a waste of time. Nothing gained, nothing of monumental importance that could have been granted by a mere letter or announcement woven upon another’s tongue. This gathering was no different. It served as a way for nobles to flaunt their wealth, of whatever arrangements had been made by those in charge. All too willing to prove that for some there truly was nothing that money couldn’t buy.

However, Mithras was hardly attending to get strung up in festivities. He had bore witness to nearly all one wished to confirm. There were but a few more minuscule nuances to flesh out though in hopes to map it within the mind he needed another vantage point, away from the General’s company. He’d had just about enough of that man for one evening, though his would still be a visage sought before nobility gathered for their main spectacle of the night.

By then each mental check should be made upon a list. That was when they could slip free from the estate if such escape did not find them sooner. For now he held a mission in mind. The gentle clink of gold sounded with each practiced motion, a cacophony of sound helping to forge a path… at least until an all too familiar meow pulled at his attention. Distraction from what he hoped to accomplish after breaking from Theodred’s side.

Osmanthus.

Those oversized paws reaching up the moment his pattering came to an end. Claws drawing the flicker of nerves alight in mild pain as they kneaded against the flow of fabric, pressing to the exposed expanse of a thigh. Mithras’ tongue clicked in disapproval toward such action though the creature would not be denied affection, it would just be altered to something more pleasing. Hands slipping smoothly beneath the cat’s arms to pluck the beast from its wayward patrol. Easily tucking him into his embrace despite how portions of the plush maine coon spilled over the commander’s arms. This cat had gotten fat.

Sights narrowing as a steady purr rolled in the cat’s throat at the familiar touch. Thoughts pressing against that shared mind, hoping that the connection Osmanthus held with his owner would transfer a message. General, why is your cat here? A beast known, a creature recognizable. Though he would not await an answer as attentions shifted toward the steady clip of another. A pace as unrecognizable as the features shaped by drifting rhythm. Just what he needed. Another annoyance.

Yet Mithras would not retreat with Theodred’s cat in tow as swiftly as he would like. Forcefully softened gaze flickering to rest upon a stranger’s likely approach. Yet the falsified kindness of that vibrant stare does not fully find his tongue. Accusatory, questioning, “What are you doing wandering alone?” As so many did, however, this one’s countenance had been registered as rather young even by mortal standards. Eyes refused to drift as jewelry clinked lightly. The hefty feline adjusting himself in those slender arms, tail waving languidly to tickle at exposed flesh. Content to remain in the draconic’s hold, after all, this was a beast known for ages.

image is disguise, a lovely lady who doesn't want ur nasty foreign wine uwu

RE: Spring Fever - Avarice - 05-21-2023

While Osmanthus continued up ahead, Avarice followed leisurely behind. Occasionally a feeble congested sniffle sounded the halls. Her cheeks were flushed from the seasonal allergies of spring that managed to aggressively assault her sinuses. However, Avarice insisted on attending the banquet despite the pleas of the housemaids and assumably the eccentric feline. Though, perhaps Osmanthus wanted to come along too. It was easy sneaking him by the guards and it was a shame she could not do the same for Envy. She could only hope the Friesian was enjoying the hay and grass out upon an unfamiliar pasture.

Cherry blossom pink eyes followed the trail of the Maine Coon until he disappeared behind a rounding corner. Her gait slowed briefly as she grabbed the skirt of her dress so that she could pick up her pace. The last thing she needed was for a potential patrolling guard to find him. Her jaw tightened as cruel whispers hissed through her conscious of her foolishness and indignance. Finally turning the corner, Avarice stopped abruptly which nearly caused her to stumble backwards. Instinct bid her to catch the wall as she found her footing. Winded, she fatigued with ease though she probably didn’t need to make chase.

Managing to maintain her composure, Avarice noticed the rascal cat had found the company of another. A face unfamiliar to her, though the stranger truly was a spectacle of rivaled beauty. It was almost intimidating. Perhaps she was a noble or someone of a prestigious title. The maine coon seemed quite content in their arms too. What are you doing wandering alone? Came the curt words though Avarice’s expression remained its usual unchanging void. “My apologies.” The young maiden lowered in a curtsy, ever mindful of her etiquette in such a place as this. “I’ve only just recently arrived.” She admitted. “I did not want him to get caught by the guards after I snuck him in.” motioning to the feline who merely appeared proud of his efforts.

Jahi

RE: Spring Fever - Mithras - 05-23-2023

One could not help but to find focus on the patterns another exhibited. That quiet strain of breath, the occasional sniffle, fluctuations of heat upon features unseen by usual sight. Each together foretold one thing. Disease. Of what nature he could not be certain yet he wished for it to stay far away from him all the same. A subtle frown pulling at the edge of painted lips, one that could just as easily be read as disapproving of the admittance one had just given upon near panted tones. Breathless. Out of shape.

Had she truly run through the halls to chase after a meandering feline? And what exactly did she want with a cat that was not hers?

Thoughts the commander kept to himself, a silent judgment placed upon the unknown. However, even she had encountered a guard of the wolven city, her confession was not a crime one could be apprehended for. It wasn’t as if she had smuggled in anything illegal and yet in Mithras’ eyes this particular feline held no business here. No purpose in wandering the halls where he may be recognized by the wrong party. If they were lucky, Osmanthus was less known here but it would not do to do away caution entirely.

Gentle hum of feigned consideration reverberated in the dragon’s throat. Fingers lacing smoothly into the maine coon’s plush fur, pulling through a coat and over whiskers as that shadowed crown nestled against him. Toes curling to once again pluck against fabrics and underlying skin, “Why exactly did you have the need to sneak this beast in?” 

A creature seemingly proud of himself by the ways he purred and issued obnoxious meows of protest whenever petting dared pause. “Is it really worth it if all you would do was worry over chasing him around the manor?” Had they even forbade the attendance of animals? Plenty of creatures had been sensed lingering within the pastures. Accommodations clearly made for those who wished to bring such beasts along, “Makes it a little difficult to enjoy the festivities you have decided to attend. Don’t you think?”

image is disguise, a lovely lady who doesn't want ur nasty foreign wine uwu

RE: Spring Fever - Avarice - 05-24-2023

Out of habit, and socially awkward nature did dainty slender digits begin to pick at and dig into the fabrics of her dress. A sniffle came and went while cherry blossom sights briefly searched the occasional column or mantle and noticed hardly a trace of dust. It was definitely the fact that Spring had come and the pollen with it assaulted her sinuses even if temporarily while adjusting. Still, Avarice would play it off as she often did in hopes to assure her house staff that there was no need to summon another physician. Why exactly did you have the need to sneak this beast in? Came the strangers question. She could not help but feel as though there may have been an edge of accusation beneath her words.

Is it really worth it if all you would do was worry over chasing him around the manor? She considered the idea. It sounded far more exciting rather than having to mingle with the higher society and strangers she could not relate to. Of course, the guard at the entrance would not allow her the entry of her Friesian. Perhaps the idea of her equine roaming the halls did sound odd. She didn’t even have the horse roam her own home. Makes it a little difficult to enjoy the festivities you have decided to attend. Don’t you think?

“The guard would not allow me to bring my horse inside.” She answered with earnest. And if she were honest with herself, she did not favor the idea being in a room full of strangers that hid behind their expensive fans or murmur insults under their breaths after a drink or two. Even if it were not everyone there was the occasional disdainful stare. It was easy to ignore, as she’d grown quite use to such behaviors but it didn’t mean they didn’t go unnoticed. “This is my first invitation,” she admitted quietly beneath an otherwise relatively stoic demeanor. “I am merely here to visit Miss Arabella when she is able, that is all. I’m… not too fond of crowds.” She paused for a moment then as she realized she hadn’t properly greeted the stranger. Avarice offered a curtsy to the best of her ability.

Jahi