Hemlock & Lace
Schemes & Subterfuge - Printable Version

+- Hemlock & Lace (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rose Garden (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Logs & Plots (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Schemes & Subterfuge (/showthread.php?tid=550)

Schemes & Subterfuge - Elenya - 12-11-2023

elenya adair,

THE WILD RIVER ROSE AND HARBRINGER OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DEATH.

( INSATIABLE VINDICTIVE VAIN PLAYFUL ARROGANT MANIPULATIVE )

( ABRIDGMENT ) Elenya is a particularly ancient and powerful KELPIE, and originates from a major river that is fed directly from the waterways surrounding the sanctuary. The one she inhabits is known as the ELISORA RIVER, and it's a particularly arduous trek through thickets of wild, dense bramble and near unnavigable terrain if you wish to reach it. Most fail, but it is said that if you do succeed in overcoming the harsh landscape, the waters of the Elisora itself are clear as crystal and taste as sweet as nectar from the freshest, ripest fruit. It is also rumored to possess astonishing healing properties. Others insist that it's a powerful hallucinogen. Regardless, the rumors have prompted more than one brave adventurer to attempt to bottle it for themselves. None of the stories have ever been confirmed of course, and it seems more likely that Elenya herself may have spread such falsehoods in an attempt to further lure unsuspecting victims to their doom. She is a spiteful, vindictive creature with a particular vitriol for Humans, and spends much of her time scouring the surrounding land for potential prey.

( CAN BE FOUND: ) Typically around the rivers and streams that lay outside of Shanton, Dunmeath and the Sanctuary. Rarely ventures too close to either Odersten or Lavalles. 

( WANTED CONNECTIONS AND POTENTIAL PLOT HOOKS )

I'M GOING TO PREFACE THIS BY SAYING Elenya is, by her nature, a very dark and ruthless character. She doesn't experience emotion in the same scope or depth as Humans (yet). She is cruel, aggressive, hypersexual and driven purely by her own needs and desires. She also harbors a lifelong prejudice for mortals, often hunting them for sport. If you are not someone who is comfortable potentially being exposed to these sorts of themes, I suggest not plotting with Elenya. Obviously I will do everything in my power to accommodate someone else's triggers and respect boundaries, but Elenya's base nature will not change. I, as a writer, am most interested in delving into topics and/or content that is dark, gritty, occasionally controversial and that has a tendency to shock, to push the envelope and to inspire abstract thought. Personally, I have only one hard limit and that is the explicit depiction of the abuse of animals and children. Vague mentions are okay, but I'd prefer to steer clear of that myself. Otherwise, anything and everything is on the table. Please let me know beforehand if you have any triggers or no-go's I need to be aware of, as well as whether or not you're comfortable with highly violent and/or sexual content.

( POTENTIAL VICTIMS ) First and foremost, Elenya needs mortals to hunt. Her sole purpose is to cause as much chaos and destruction as possible, and rain vengeance down upon the humans who for so long ravaged the land - her home - as a result their wars and petty squabbles. Typically she targets men more often than women, only because they tend to succumb more quickly and easily to her enchanted human form. Whether it is her beauty or the lure of her voice, males are far more susceptible and weak-willed, and therefore easier to trick and catch. There are always exceptions of course, and she'll snatch anyone if given the chance. She does not, however, target children and makes a conscious effort not to attack other supernaturals, simply because her relations with them are of lesser consequence and they would prove far much trouble than it would be worth. Especially vampires, whom (though she does not harbor a great deal of respect for) she regards as the current greatest threat.

( CONFLICT AND THREATS ) Despite being armed with quite powerful magic and intuition, Elenya understands that she is not infallible. There are several different methods with which to subdue one of her kind, and she can often act impulsively and recklessly, thereby unintentionally putting herself at risk. Werewolves and Vampires both are drawn to her scent, and prove lethal predators to Muirinn for their inhuman strength, speed and the special compound in their saliva that allow them a means to combat her skin's sticky secretions. I'm very much interested in character conflict, and would invite anyone to give me a reason to throw Elenya into a compromising situation! Whether it's an attempted (or successful) capture/abduction on their part, or simply a fight that she's almost certain she'll lose, I'm more than willing to explore rivalries and intense combat or other dangerous and perilous circumstances. Perhaps someone approaches her river to try and bottle some of its water and engage in a fight with her, or heard of her and her unrivaled beauty and intend on enslaving her and selling her to either the highest bidder or a popular brothel? Maybe they intend to keep her for themselves? Perhaps there is a particularly determined and resourceful human who comes to investigate after a loved one goes missing, and they trace the evidence back to her, and vow to exact revenge? We can literally do anything.

( LOVERS AND OBSESSION ) Though affection and romance elude her, one of the base emotions Elenya does experience is lust. But it is felt in a different extreme. Hers is more of a primal, animalistic need. A carnal hunger that can often turn aggressive and mindless. When she's feeling particularly bored or unsatisfied, she will seek out the most beautiful human she can find, seduce, bed them and then eventually kill them. There have been instances in the past where - when she has found a favored plaything - she will keep and torment them for a few days and not drown them immediately. But they're a rare occurrence, and have to prove themselves special or entertaining in some way to keep her interest long enough. She does not make it a habit to seduce other supernaturals for the same reason that she does not openly provoke or antagonize them. They're too powerful and require three times as much effort. Perhaps your character falls for her seduction? Or she develops an obsession with yours? It could also be interesting for her to be pursued by a vampire or werewolf for her delicious scent, and not know how to go about handling it. A game of supernatural cat and mouse, maybe? Again I'm very much open to anything here. But be sure to give me your worst. Elenya is not a gentle lover.

( POLITICS AND WAR ) This one might be more a stretch, but I'm willing to brainstorm and plot if anyone has a plausible angle for it. Considering Elenya has been around for hundreds of years and possesses great magical power, I wonder whether someone might see capturing her and utilizing her as a sort of weapon as a possibility? Whether that's through coercion and offering her something she might want, or bending her to their will and forcing her to aid them instead? I'm honestly open-minded as far as this goes, and figured I'd throw it out there to see if something might crop up eventually.

RE: Schemes & Subterfuge - Hani - 12-11-2023

First off, I have to say I love her and I love that you're into some darker themes. That just tickles my brain.

But to get to the good stuff, I'm Hani, and I would love to have anything with your lady. I really like her concept and I'm excited to get up to some mischief with her. :D

First off, I have Lan. He is an all around bad guy, and if he could, he would definitely capture her. It would be under the pretense to sell her, but he does have a thing for kelpies/selkies, so he may just try to keep her for himself. Ultimately, no matter what, he would definitely be lured in by a pretty face because he is a horndog. I would love to see what kind of trouble she could get him into!

Then I have Theo. He's a pretty old vampire. He's a general in the Red Queen's army and the current Lord of Dunmeath, so I think they would eventually run into one another at some point if you'd like :D He's definitely not the type to just be sucked in to her appearance or anything. He is also going to be moonlighting as a vigilante as well (mainly against vampires/those who enslave humans) so I could definitely see them at least butting heads as well or becoming some pretty bitter enemies :D

Lastly, I have my new boy Coenwulf. He's brand spankin' new and I am fine with any and all ideas you would have if any for them :3 He's a paladin of the church and most usually an all around good guy. (Think very Golden Retriever) I haven't fully fleshed him out yet, so honestly I have no idea how he would react to her and I think it could be fairly funny to explore that.

If any of my other characters are interesting for plots for her, feel free to toss ideas at them :D I am 100% open to pretty much anything ^^

RE: Schemes & Subterfuge - Elenya - 12-11-2023

( PLOTTING WITH HANI )

Oh my gosh. So it means a lot that you enjoy her! I'm very much in my muse with her at the moment, and can't wait to throw her at anyone brave enough to suffer through her company! Haha. She's very much my crazy little villain and I'm excited to see what we can stir up together.

My immediate thought is that, wow, LAN is more or less a perfect match in terms of the ease of plotting and the sheer ENERGY he brings. He's everything she would look for in a potential victim, to be honest. He's stupidly gorgeous, mortal and easy enough to lure with the most effortless and superficial means at her disposal. The only pesky little detail she'd be blissfully unaware of is his part-vampirism. And that's the kind of interesting, unique angle I'm most interested in exploring. I imagine his saliva mimics that of his vampiric kin, in that it can penetrate a Kelpie's defenses (skin secretions)? If so, it's probably the only way he'd survive an encounter with her. At the very least, she wouldn't kill him right away. He strikes me as being the type she'd wish to keep as a plaything for a little while first. But if he could get the jump on her, steal her bridle or otherwise subdue her in some way, I would be totally down with pursuing the idea of him as her temporary (or long-term) captor, depending on how things played out. They'd be a volatile, probably very violent and angsty duo with possibly heaps of unresolved sexual tension and all kinds of confusion on her part. Has she ever encountered a part vampire before? Probably not. He'd be the first person she would genuinely find somewhat fascinating, and I'm so down for throwing them together.

As for THEO, I can definitely imagine them becoming future rivals, for sure! Anyone who sympathizes with humankind is an immediate enemy in her eyes. His behavior would be truly bizarre and incomprehensible to her, but because he's such an old vampire, there would still be some level of respect there? Not enough for her to consider him an equal of any kind, but certainly enough to make her hesitate before attacking or provoking him in any kind of way. Maybe somewhere down the line we could throw them into a scene together and see what kind of interesting conversation comes from it.

Lastly, COENWULF. She would eat him alive. LOL. Honestly, even if he didn't fall victim to her beauty or her magic, I feel like he would be in imminent danger in her company and I'd almost feel bad exposing him to her. Although, I do very much agree that any scenario in which these two are involved would be hilarious. In a very dark and tragic sort of way. I worry for him. Otherwise, I don't have any specific ideas, so maybe we'll keep this one on the back burner into we think of something solid!

RE: Schemes & Subterfuge - Hani - 12-11-2023

Yes excellent! We can start off with Lan and she can meet some of my other idiots later on Big Grin I can probably get them a thread started sometime this evening! We'll just see how things go from there Big Grin Either way it's bound to be dynamite because he wouldn't really know what to do if he's not on the upper hand haha and if things work out in his favor, he'd definitely make her hate him (and humans) even more for sure!

RE: Schemes & Subterfuge - Elenya - 12-11-2023

( PLOTTING WITH HANI )

Perfect, I can't wait!