Hemlock & Lace
River Runs Blue And Red (Vali) - Printable Version

+- Hemlock & Lace (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Vufrien (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: The Wilds (https://hemlock.rpginit.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: River Runs Blue And Red (Vali) (/showthread.php?tid=80)

Pages: 1 2

RE: River Runs Blue And Red (Vali) - Morana - 06-24-2022

Morana continues to smile softly at Vali. "You're very welcome, Vali. We'll have quite the feast this afternoon." She turns the fish around on the fire so one end doesn't burn. She's not too fond of fish, but meat is meat. Between the sun and the fire, her dress will dey quickly. Some of her hair escapes the bun and sticks to her face. Red eyes looking at Vali and taking in his appearance. He's strong from living on the mountains, and judging by his speech interacted very little with people. If he's a werewolf then why doesn't he have a clan?

A gentle giant that no doubt is terrifying when he's angry making it her goal to keep him calm. At his question, she shaker her head. "All dead. I've been on my own for for nearly a decade now. I just moved to Vufrein so still getting used to the area. It's beautiful here. Do you and Codrin live together? Do you have family? A wife perhaps?" If he's alone she could use him. Terrible had she the conscious moral thought, but it wouldn't hurt to have an ally like him. It would keep unwanted bachelors away for the time being.

She nibbles on the bread and cheese. Remembering she has some wine, she pulls out the flask and takes a small sip before handing it to Vali. "Here. It'll help with swallowing." Some wine drips from the corner of her mouth and down her chin to drip onto her clothing. She either doesn't notice or pretends. "Do you not have a clan? So you and Codrin live on the mountains all alone?"

RE: River Runs Blue And Red (Vali) - Vali - 07-28-2022

Morana’s responses were taken in as he took large, borderline ravenous bites of his cheese and bread. Where she nibbled, he ate like he hadn’t all week. He looked at her for a moment when she mentioned being on her own for over a decade. He knew what that was like.
"No wife. We live in woods, move camp every few weeks."
He gestured to Codrin as he said “we”. The thought of a wife had rarely crossed his mind. He had manly needs, but he couldn’t bare to entertain the thought keeping to one woman. At least, not right now.

A large hand took some wine from her as she offered it, taking a long gulp from it and exhaling loudly at its tartly fermented taste. He wasn’t used to wine, but he was thankful.
"No. Alone."
No clans. Not that there was a particular reason, he might fancy himself a pack one day. He pointed to Codrin.
"Family,"
He offered a small grin. The shire was his brother, his best friend. He’d kill for that horse.

Vali’s attention then moved to the beautiful woman.
"Can help with area,"
He offered, in as kind of a fashion as he was capable, before taking another huge bite of cheese.

RE: River Runs Blue And Red (Vali) - Morana - 07-30-2022

Morana watches him as he eats. Her thoughts raced a mile a minute trying to formulate a plan that would benefit the two. Plucking a stick from the ground, she bites into it and carefully munches on the tender flesh. She finishes eating and chases the rest down with wine. “What do you think of coming home with me, Vali? We can board Codrin up at the local stables. I own a pharmaceutical shop with an apartment above it.” She leans close to him and strokes his cheek in a loving manner. Her thumb wiping off any food or wine residue on his bottom lip. “Spare bedroom just for you. I’ll provide you room and board and even cook you meals and you work with me. Teach you how to read and write if you like.”

Red eyes stare into his wild ones to entice the man. There are pros and cons to this proposal, but having someone who not only knew the lands, but could protect her in case of disgusting individuals comes knocking at her door. She pulls away and returns to her spot though she sat a tad closer to him. “You don’t have to decide right now. I live alone, and it would be nice to have a man around the house. I wouldn’t want to be caught off guard if someone broke into my shop. What do you say?”

She places more branches in the fire and looks at him. The chemise is still clinging to her body as it slowly dries in the summer sun. Morana knows she looks pale and frail like she needs someone to protect her. She doesn’t, but it would be a lie if she said she didn’t desire some company. Maybe it’ll quiet the voices.

RE: River Runs Blue And Red (Vali) - Vali - 08-27-2022

Vali was in fact a dog. A dog who would could be muzzled and chained, but he didn’t know how he would act. He faced her, leaning into her touch and listened as she spoke.
"Stable?"
He worried for Codrin. Would he be taken care of? Would he crave the wilds?
"Bedroom?"
What the heck was that?
"I work,"
He patted his chest thoughtfully, agreeing that yes he can in fact work. He was intrigued, but he wasn’t sure how it would all work out. What was the harm in trying though… and he’d get to look at her everyday. Perhaps even steal a few good looks here and there. His eyes trailed the curve of her hip in lustful thought before snapping them right back at her.
"Can try it…as long …. As Codrin is taken care of,"
He struggled to get the sentence out but when he did, he gave an exasperated sigh. He practically inhaled a fish whole from the fire, nervous yet excited, and wondered if the more civilized life would be something he needed. Something he had been missing all these years. He looked back to Morana.
"Can… go for ride some…times?"
He asked, almost hesitantly, like a puppy on a chain begging for a treat. Would she allow him days to run wild? Or would he forever be caged? And which would he prefer? As per usual Vali, he was all in. Impulse drove the man, but it didn’t get him into too much trouble here and there. Could be worth a shot.

RE: River Runs Blue And Red (Vali) - Morana - 09-01-2022

Morana smiles. Vali is adorable in his childlike innocence. The man may be built for combat and labor, but his mind wasn’t as intelligent as an adult’s. He would be perfect. She could mold him to her specific needs, but she would have to be careful. A man like him could easily overpower her, but that’s where her needles and poison could come into play if need be. Vali is a man starved for touch - especially a woman’s - and she could easily provide some of it. Sex is off the table (at least until she’s become bored finding someone), but there are other ways to satisfy a man.

“A stable is a building to keep livestock or horses. I will pay for Codrin to be groomed, fed and watered every day. The stable master will take good care of your best friend. I wouldn’t allow filth to touch such a precious steed.” Morana may have a dislike for people, but she wouldn’t harm animals or put them in danger. The stable master one of her special clients who dealt with those cruel to their horses. “A bedroom is a place within a house that is yours. It has a comfortable bed for you to sleep in. There is electricity and running water as well so you can take a bath every day instead of bathing in the river.”

She wouldn’t admit it, but the wild scent on Vali is attractive in its chaotic way. Unpredictable in a way she likes. “You don’t have to stay inside all the time. I won’t keep you chained up like a pet. You are free to roam and ride as you like.” Current society may not like how she’ll keep an unmarried man in her home, but it will circulate enough rumors for others to enter her establishment. It is unconsidered improper to not purchase an item in the shop once entered. Her hand caresses his face. “I may not look like it, but I’m a decent cook. It’s been a long time since I’ve had pleasant company at the house.” It’s been decades since she had a place to call home, truthfully, but Vali didn’t need to know that.

“You don’t have to decide right now.” Morana removes her hand, making sure her fingertips are the last to leave his hot skin, and returns to tending the fire. To have such a strong man keep the gangs and unwanted suitors away would be a delight so she can return to her work. “I will return to find more herbs. I’m sure we’ll run into each other again.”

RE: River Runs Blue And Red (Vali) - Vali - 09-02-2022

Vali fell into every single touch and sound she made. Soaking it up, deprived and desperate. He listened to her as she explained the things he didn’t understand, the Wilds had always been his home, this would be a drastic change in which he was unsure how he would manage. But maybe it would benefit him. And from the sounds of it, Codrin would be pampered. The lucky mule. He looked to his friend who had meandered his way back to the campfire, and stood. The full height of the wolf man was imposing, he looked down at Morana as she beckoned he continue to think on it. A large hand grasped the long mane of Codrin, his leg swinging his body up and over the back of his steed, positioning the already caught prey on ropes just so they wouldn’t get in his way while riding back to his own camp. Steeled eyes still upon the woman, he nodded.
"Will think, will find you."
His nostrils flared as he inhaled her perfume again, committing it to memory. Lust backed up his urge to move in to the city but also the underlying fact that he was ripped of a normal life from a young age. She seemed like she could provide even just a fraction of that, subconsciously, he was ravenous for it.

With that, he urged Codrin on, and the pair trotted off back into the wood. He had to find his other traps before daylight was gone, anyway. He was sure one of these days she would come back, or maybe, he’d go to the city looking for her.

{exit Vali}